Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Wicked is Google Earth

  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wicked is Google Earth


    gville1

    Starting to see more high-res images for the eastern US. Half of Lee Co. is now high res (doesn't make sense, but it's true).

    You can read the infield paint at BMS.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hutchinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wicked is Google Earth

    Try going to weather.com, and looking at their map. You can actually spot your house. Crazy stuff. And it updates every hour or so...
    Where's your God now?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
    "I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]

    [img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]


  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wicked is Google Earth

    I looked on weather.com and once you try and zoom in far enough on my house it goes blank. You can't see mine. It is actually better than Google Earth in regards to the City of Norton IMO.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wicked is Google Earth

    guess I'm late to the party. The image on google earth of my place is a few years old looking at some things around the houses on the street.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wicked is Google Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    guess I'm late to the party. The image on google earth of my place is a few years old looking at some things around the houses on the street.
    Yep you are right. I am guessing it is around 3-4 years old. I see a car in your driveway and mine. Mine is our old Xterra which was bought in Dec 2005 but I can tell my back yard is still a mess so it wasn't too long after we built the house. I see the big oak tree that fell which was in 2006 so I am guessing this photo was taken in the fall of 2006.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •